Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Prayer

Jesus, I love you. I am so sorry for all the suffering I have caused you, and for all the times I have failed to prevent others from hurting you. I want to do everything I can to ease your pain. Let me be your angel in the garden and comfort you in your agony. Let me be your Simon and carry the cross for you. Let me be your Veronica and wipe the blood and dirt from your face. Let me be your beloved disciple and remain with you to your death. Let me be your Mary and take you down from the cross and hold your body in my arms. If it is possible, let me take your place and suffer the scourges and crown of thorns and the five sacred wounds so you don't have to. If suffering the pains of hell for the rest of my life, or even for eternity, could save you even a little pain, I would gladly do it; just help me to always remember that I do it for you. Lord, I offer you my life, my death, and even the place you have prepared for me in heaven. Mold them, as clay in your hands, into whatever shape is most pleasing to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment